The mission of Wild Trails is to encourage and promote a healthy and active lifestyle through trail running and other forms of outdoor recreation and advocate to protect and preserve land
(natural spaces) used for such activities.
- Encourage and promote the sport of trail running as a means to healthy living, wellness, and enhanced quality of life
- Educate the public on the physical, emotional, and social benefits of trail running and the role it can play in contributing to increased community health
- Provide resources necessary to make individuals aware of the trail systems available to them in the immediate Chattanooga area
- Plan events and assist in developing social networks that will encourage individuals to get outside and on the trails
- Organize and facilitate a quality trail race series with races ranging from short to ultra distances in order to appeal to a wide range of individuals, from the most leisurely
walker/jogger to the most competitive runner
- Develop a trail maintenance program and partner with existing trail maintenance programs/organizations committed to preserving trails
- Expand the network of trails by working with land owners and park managers to gain access to existing trails and obtain permission build new trails
- Educate the public as to the role they must play in preservation for the benefit of future generations
Wild Trails Race Series
The Wild Trails Race Series is one of the Southeast's premier points based trail running experiences. We offer races for the most competitive runners as well as beginners
and trail walkers/joggers. The Chattanooga, TN trail running area provides breathtaking views, single and double track courses, and incredibly rewarding racing environments. But don't take our
word for it, read the race reviews from other trail runners just like you on the race pages.